Terms & Conditions
1. 50% rental deposit is required to secure the booking. Payment of the rental deposit constitutes the guest’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Balance of the rental amount must be received in full 14 days prior to occupancy. If not, the owner has the right to cancel the booking and attempt to re-let it.
3. Cancellation by the guest – more than 30 days in advance, we refund in full, less $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations with less than 30 days notice, any payments become non-refundable unless we are able to rebook the cottage, which we will make every effort to do. If we are able to re-book the cottage, any payments will be held in credit towards a future booking. Cancellation money paid is not refundable unless the cottage is re-let for the entire period. For Cancellations within 48 hours of your stay, there is strictly NO refund on money paid or transfers to a future booking.
4. The owner will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However, the owner reserves the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
5. To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most guests will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions.
6. The number of guests should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or the number subsequently agreed in writing or email. Fees will apply for additional guests not agreed to with the owner in advance.
7. Parties and functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, water usage, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in eviction and/or additional payments.
8. Damage, breakages, theft and loss are the guest’s responsibility during their stay.
9. Departure – the property should be left in a similar state to its condition on arrival. Check-out time is 10:00am to allow time to prepare the property for next guests.
10. Due to our resident koala population, pets are NOT allowed.
11. Loss – the owner takes no responsibility for the guest’s personal property.
12. Strictly no smoking inside Valleydale Cottage.
13. Variations to these conditions may only be made by prior arrangement with the owner in writing.